Dengue fever, also known as breakbone fever, is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness. There are four different viruses that can cause dengue fever, all of which spread by a certain type of mosquito. Dengue can vary from mild to severe; the more severe forms include dengue shock syndrome and dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF).
Patients who develop the more serious forms of dengue fever usually need to be hospitalized.There are currently no vaccines for Dengue fever. The best way to prevent the disease is to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes altogether. Although there is no certain treatment for Dengue, it can be treated as long as it is caught before developing into dengue shock syndrome or dengue hemorrhagic fever.
Natural Home remedies for the treatment of Dengue fever:
Traditional natural home remedy for dengue fever – Normal dengue fever is not that dangerous. The symptom-based treatment should be resorted to i.e., wet pads could be used if the temperature is high. Antidotes could be administered as per the necessity. Pain-killers should not be given to the patient of hemorrhagic dengue. Pain-killers tend to increase hemorrhage. Maintaining the water balance of the body and controlling the blood pressure of the patient is also necessary.
- Dhatura is the Ayurvedic version of the homeopathic belladonna. Its leaves have potency in reducing the seriousness of the dengue fevers. However, the dosage must not exceed 2 decigrams, or it will lead to severe negative symptoms like dryness of the mouth and dilation of the pupils.
- The orange juice helps with digestion, increased urinary output, promotes antibodies for faster healing and recovery. It gives energy and vitamins, over all a great source for fighting fevers.
- The raw papaya leaves, 2pcs just cleaned and pound and squeeze with filter cloth. You will only get one tablespoon per leaf. So two tablespoon per serving once a day. Do not boil or cook or rinse with hot water, it will loose its strength. This will prevent dengue fever.
- The affected person is treated with Paracetamol to bring down the fever.
- Porridge and baked toasts (not fried) can be had for allaying hungers in the course of the day. Biscuits with tea can be had.
- The tea must be herbal, with Tulsi, Ginger, Cardamom and other such fever-reducing herbs in it.